Are you ready for an enchanting evening of beloved opera arias with Sarah Coburn?
Read here for all the important details before attending.
Find out more about Tulsa Opera’s full 2023-24 Season by following us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube for behind-the-scenes photos, videos and interviews.
- Sarah Coburn is an Oklahoma soprano who has graced stages all over the world including the Metropolitan Opera. You may have also seen her in past Tulsa Opera productions Lakmé, The Barber of Seville, and Rigoletto.
- The program includes selections in Italian, English, and German (program notes and translations will be available) accompanied by Tulsa Opera principal pianist, Lyndon Meyer.
- The show lasts 2 hours, including a 20 minute intermission.
- “Downbeat” or the start of the performance is 7:30 pm.
- Come early to enjoy the festive spirit, including the Tulsa Youth Opera caroling in the lobby starting at 6:45 pm.
SPONSOR LEVEL TICKETS / POST-SHOW RECEPTION
Immediately following the performance, a special reception will take place with Ms. Coburn for sponsorship-level ticket holders. Sponsorship level tickets start at $250 per person and include prime seating and access to this post-concert reception. There will be signs guiding those guests to the upstairs foyer of the Lorton Performance Center. If you already have your tickets, it’s not too late to upgrade to being a sponsor!
Call the Tulsa Opera Box Office at (918) 582-3133.
Access the digital program here.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
WHAT DO I WEAR TO THE OPERA?
Many opera-goers wear comfortable, business-appropriate clothing, and many dress casually. In Tulsa, you’ll see patrons wearing everything from ball gowns to cowboy boots! For this evening of intimate music, we encourage everyone to wear their holiday best!
HOW DO I SHOW MY APPRECIATION FOR THE PRODUCTION?
Enthusiastic displays of appreciation are always welcome after a well-executed aria! It is customary to shout “Bravo!” (for a male singer), “Brava!” (for a female singer), or “Bravi” (for the whole cast). All three expressions mean “terrific.”
Out of consideration for the performers and other members of the audience, we observe a “no late seating” policy. Those arriving after the performance has begun will be seated at the back of the hall at an appropriate pause.
Starting at 6:00 pm, the Lorton Performance Center box office will be open to purchase tickets or answer any questions you may have. Otherwise, please call our box office at (918) 582-3133.
If this is your first time joining us, click here for more helpful information.
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
This performance is taking place at the Lorton Performance Center at the University of Tulsa. Free parking is available in lots located north and south of the building. These lots are titled, “Lorton Performance Center Lot” and “Harvard Lot”. Signage regarding parking permits is for students and not applicable for this event.
Valet parking is not available for this event.
550 S Gary Place
Tulsa, OK 74104