Tulsa Opera seeks to cast Local and Regional Emerging Artists
with strong operatic backgrounds for the 2023-24 Season
Friday, August 18th | 5-8pm
Community Hall | Boston Avenue United Methodist Church
1301 S. Boston Ave., Tulsa, OK 74119
All voice types are welcome to apply. All artists must be willing to work local hire and over the age of 18. No housing/boarding provided. Mileage reimbursement negotiable at time of hire. All artists will receive an honorarium. Title is to be announced at a later date. Schedule is still TBD, but artists are likely needed evenings and weekends October 2nd through 21st.
Auditions will take place at Boston Avenue United Methodist Church in downtown Tulsa. Parking is available in the lot north of the church. Follow signs to entrance and check-in.
BIPOC artists are strongly encouraged to audition.
- Please prepare three (3) arias. One must be contemporary English. One selection must demonstrate proficiency in a foreign language of your choice. NO MUSICAL THEATRE SELECTIONS.
- Bring sheet music appropriately marked. A pianist will be provided. No recorded accompaniment or a cappella auditions will be accepted.
- Bring 2 copies of a current headshot and resume.
- Bring potential schedule conflicts for October 2nd thru 21st.
Interested applicants may schedule an audition by contacting Sam Briggs at the below link.
Please include in your email:
- Full Name
- Contact Email
- Contact Phone Number
- Intended Audition Repertoire (see requirements above)
Artist may give an updated repertoire list upon arrival at the audition.
Please arrive 10 minutes early to check-in. We will not have a dedicated warmup space. Please plan accordingly.