Assistant Costume Coordinator
Tulsa Opera is seeking an Assistant Costume Coordinator to assist our Costume Coordinator in the preparation of costumes for our main stage opera productions. This position is a contract position per production.
La Cenerentola: Sept 22 to Oct 2, 2014
Romeo et Juliette: Jan 12 to Feb 15, 2015
Of Mice and Men: Mar 9 to April 12, 2015
- Assist the Costume Coordinator in all manners and respects in relation to the execution of the running of the Tulsa Opera Wardrobe Department
- Assist the Costume Coordinator by facilitating the design of each production by fulfilling all requirements as needed
- Assist the Costume Coordinator by facilitating the running of the costume shop and management of labor and material resources during the course of each production
- Assist in the unpack of the costumes at the Tulsa Opera costume shop
- Assist in the supervision of the re-pack and load out of the costume package
- Assist in the scheduling of costume fittings with the Stage Management of each production
- Assist in the organization of and preparation for costume fittings
- Take notes during all costume fittings
- Compile and track work notes and completed work notes
- Assist in procuring supplies, accessories, fabric and notions to complete costumes or additional costumes added to the production
- Periodic ordering of supplies and equipment in collaboration with the Costume Coordinator
- Assist in the managing all activities of the Wardrobe Department including activities which take place in the costume shop, dressing rooms, at photo shoots or marketing events and any other location at which Tulsa Opera costumes are displayed, worn or used in any manner
- Oversight of the use of all machinery, equipment and supplies
- Supervising the care and cleaning of costumes as needed
- Attend production meetings related to the production
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by the Costume Coordinator and/or Director of Production
This position is a reports directly to the Costume Coordinator and indirectly to the Director of Production. This position may require evening and weekend work.
Please send resume and references to:
Director of Production
Tulsa Opera, Inc.
no phone calls please.